Dogs are Made for Walking – Terms & Conditions
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Terms and Conditions
Daily dog walking consists of a 30/60 minute visit. Most days a 30/60 minute walk will take place. In the case of extreme weather conditions, e.g. blinding rain or snow, or pet injury/ illness, or on client request, the dog will be given time outside to relieve him/herself and then the rest of the visit will be spent inside with client-approved activities.
1. I agree to provide keys / arrange for keys to be available for Dogs are Made for Walking for the dog walking / pet sitting appointment.
2. I authorise Dogs are Made for Walking to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with my pet. Every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to obtaining emergency care. I accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. I also authorise Dogs are Made for Walking to utilise an alternative veterinarian in the event my regular veterinarian is unavailable.
3. I agree to reimburse Dogs are Made for Walking for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, food, or supplies.
4. Customer will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the pet sitter or other persons by the pet. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Dogs are Made for Walking in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet.
5. Client agrees to notify Dogs are Made for Walking of any concerns/complaints within 24 hours of any appointments.
6. Clients must give a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel any appointments or the full amount will be collected.
Dogs are Made for Walking Responsibilities
7. Dogs are Made for Walking agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Dogs are Made for Walking, its employees or assigns, except those arising from negligence of the pet sitter.
8. Dogs are Made for Walking accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement. During all assignments pet care will only be undertaken by Dogs are Made for Walking owner or employees, unless prearranged with client.
9. Dogs are Made for Walking will not let any dog off his/her lead unless express owner consent has been given.
10. Dogs are Made for Walking is not responsible for damage incurred by pet escaping because of a faulty leash/collar or a collar that is not properly fitting.
11. Dogs are Made for Walking will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
12. It is expressly understood that Dogs are Made for Walking shall not be held responsible for any damage to client’s property, or that of others, caused by client’s pets during the period in which they are in its care. Client has advised Dogs are Made for Walking of all situations, which will relieve it of liability for damage.
13. This agreement is valid for all future visits until a new agreement is signed. Dogs are Made for Walking reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time, at its sole discretion; likewise, client may terminate this agreement at any time. There is no term of contract for daily dog walking.
14. Dogs are Made for Walking agrees to love and care for your pet whilst you are absent.